- Click on the “+” button on the right of the message bar.
- Click on “Task”. Then simply type out the task you want to assign to that stream.
If you want to add more details such as a due date or assign a task to a specific user, click on the task you just created.
- Due date: click the calendar icon on the right-hand side of the task.
- Assign to users: click the “+” with the dashed circle around it to the left of the task.
To create a task with a shortcut:
- Go to the stream you wish to enter the task into.
- Type “/task” into the message bar along with the title you wish to assign. For example: /task review sales report.
- Hit “enter” and the task is created.